[Iftop-users] iftop: scaling, 1024 base, patch

Paul Warren pdw at ex-parrot.com
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:17:00 +0000

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 01:35:55PM +0200, Aidas Kasparas wrote:
> On the other hand, I do not propose significant/complicated code change
> in my patch. Infrastructure for automatic scaling is in present code,
> what I propose is to add several extra steps at better defined points.

This seems reasonable.  I don't have much spare capacity to work on
iftop ATM, but I've put the patch in my "iftop to-do" folder for when I
do.

> What I would like to see more is an optional automatic scaling back, if
> traffic is significantly less than current scale for extended period of
> time.

Yes, me too.  Shouldn't be that hard to implement as iftop already
calculates the peak BW within the last 40s.  I've put it on my to-do
list, but if someone beats me to it I'll be delighted to receive a
patch.

Paul