[Iftop-users] howdy

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 21:20:42 +0000

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 05:32:34PM +0000, Paul Warren wrote:

> How would this be arranged?  iftop currently works on host-pairs.
> Would you list traffic by net-pairs, or by total traffic into/out of a
> network.  This would probably be the best option, but would mean that
> all traffic would be accounted twice as traffic leaving one network (or
> host) is entering another.

One possibility would be to allow the user to specify BPF
programs which evaluate which packets are `inside' or
`outside' the network. Is the pcap interface rich enough
to allow that? I can't remember. That should enable
arbitrarily complex network specifications.

--
Plane Too Close to Ground, Crash Probe Told (newspaper headline)