[Vmail-discuss] smtp auth again

Litzler Mihaly lici at hit.hu
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:15:49 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

I tried to set up a simple smtp auth cutting out the configs i found in
the list archive.

I use the default vmail-sql sql stucture:

mysql> use vmail;
Database changed
mysql> describe popbox;
+---------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field         | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+---------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| domain_name   | varchar(255) |      | PRI |         |       |
| local_part    | varchar(255) |      | PRI |         |       |
| password_hash | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| mbox_name     | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| quota         | varchar(10)  |      |     | 10M     |       |
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

However I always get an error message when I try to use a simple
authentication in an Outlook express.

All of the passwords stored in plain text, so all data in the
password_hash field begins with {plaintext}.

Would you so kind to send a working exim4 config example for plain text auth?

Thanks so much!
Mihaly