[Vmail-discuss] Non-existent recipients and message rejection.

Manuel Giorgini Manuel Giorgini <giorgini at interlogica.net>
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:00:30 +0200

I apologize if this question is too much exim-related but despite my long
browsing sessions over exim documentation I couldn't find an answer.

Due to massive amount of spam, I would like to set exim so that it will
automatically reject (or even bury) a message in case at least one of the
recipients does not exist. I found "receiver_verify" but I'm not sure this
is what I need.

I guess the first question would be, is this possible with a vmail setup,
or in other words, provided this can be done normally, would exim query the
database at each and every connection trying to find out whether or not the
recipient are defined there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cordialità / Best regards / Gxis la
Manuel Giorgini <giorgini@interlogica.net>, Programmatore
INTERLOGICA e-business solutions -  http://www.interlogica.net
Via Fusinato, 27 - IT 30172 Mestre VE - Italia - Unione Europea
Tel +39 041 961392 - Fax +39 041 954201