[Vmail-discuss] Exim as Secondary MX

Pat Crean pat at crean.com
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:37:51 -0400

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 11:04, Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I was thinking in changing some MX here to use the vmail machine as
> secondary.
>
> What should I do? Just put the domains that I want in the relay_domains
> and not in the localdomains?
>
> Any help is welcome ! :)
>
> []s
> coredump

The easiest way to handle it is to set "relay_domains_include_local_mx = yes".
That way you just have to create a low priority mx record pointing to your
vmail machine and everything else happens automagically.  You do open
yourself up to a potential spam attack in that a spammer could,
theoretically, set up a dns server containing an mx record pointing to you
and then use you as an open relay.  Not too big a problem, though as most
spammers aren't going to go to that extreme when there are so many open
relays available in china....