[Vmail-discuss] MySQL Auth - mysqlPASSWORD encrypted fields

Yves Thommes ythommes at interact.lu
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:39:25 +0000

Hi there!

I'm setting up a new mailserver using tpop3d with vmail-sql.

all my pop accounts are stored in a mysql table, but the passwords are
encrypted using the MySQL function PASSWORD.

Is there any way to get this working with tpop3d/vmail-sql please ?
I tried almost everything possible with the tpop3d config file, but i always
get authentication errors.

Do i have to hack the tpop3d/vmail-sql source to get this working ?
Or do i have to store the passwords using another format ? MD5... ?

It would be really nice if somebody had a solution for my current situation, i
got about 1000 e-mail accounts with encrypted passwords. An i don't want to
change the passwords of all those users just because i have to change the
encryption algorithm.

Please help.
Thanks

Best regards,