[Vmail-discuss] Bulletin in tpop3d?

Chris Lightfoot chris@ex-parrot.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:30:18 +0000

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:26:29PM -0200, Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior wrote:
> Is there a popbull (bulletin) in tpop3d to send a message for all users
> of the pop server? (like qpopper)
>
> Or I have to make a script to send a mail to everyone in the DB?

I'm not sure why you want to avoid doing the latter. After
all, if you want every user to receive a particular
message, the easiest way is to send it them :)

One way you could imagine doing this is putting something
in auth-perl-onlogin to deliver a message to the mailbox
of any user who logs in. Note that the onlogin actions run
after the user's tpop3d process has been forked, so they
might only receive the message the next time they log in.
You'd need to maintain a database of who had and had not
received the message, obviously.

--
Don't argue with idiots-- they drag you down to their level,
and then they win because they're playing on home ground.