[Vmail-discuss] maildir conversion / courier

Donovan Craig donovan at snapfrozen.com
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:39:24 +1000

Hi Wash,

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:08:53 +0300
ODHIAMBO Washington <wash@wananchi.com> was rumoured to have said:

> 1. What is the new structure of your mailboxes? $home/Maildir ???

/var/spool/mail/SERVERS/$domain/$local_part

(See the script I posted to the tpop3d list tonight..)

> 2. Do you suppose courier can access a maildir in /some/path/$user/{new|cur|tmp} ???

It can access it anywhere. Like using vmail, you can define this within the db.

>    I have not investigated this, but I am thinking if it could, then I could give
>    my virtual users IMAP access as it is now ;)

Only problem was that courier can't use the md5 passwords so I had to create another field using mysql encrypt() passwords (or you can use plain text). I'm planning to eventually migrate all the users to the new passwords. Unfortunately, this will mean I no longer have a use for tpop3d as the imap pop3 server will then do the trick.. In the meantime tpop3d is there to talk to the current md5 passwords.

If your not using md5(), you'd be in business right away..

You don't need either the plainpw or password_hash2 depending on which one you want to use. Just SELECT a '' for the one you don't want.

Here's my db layout:

+----------------+---------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field          | Type          | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+----------------+---------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| domain_name    | varchar(255)  |      | PRI |         |       |
| local_part     | varchar(255)  |      | PRI |         |       |
| password_hash  | varchar(255)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| mbox_name      | varchar(255)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| last_update    | timestamp(14) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| imap_quota     | text          | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| clearpw        | text          | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| password_hash2 | varchar(255)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |

Regards,

Donovan

Snapfrozen Solutions
http://www.snapfrozen.com