[Vmail-discuss] suggestion for domain-aliases

Donovan Craig donovan@snapfrozen.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:39:39 -0500

That's It.. It's very common especially in a hosting environment where the customer might have one ip address but multiple name based sites which all share the same email settings..

And the limitation (still) seems to be that you cannot have multiple domain aliases pointing to the one domain..

I still don't quite understand the fix that was suggested in regard to also adding the alias into the domain table..

Am I right in thinking that you add the alias to the domain table but make it point to the path of the domain that it should be pointing too ?

If that works, then what is the domain alias table for ? Why not just make the tools add aliases in that way ? Only disadvantage that I can see is that the row will then need a password and max mail box setting although the tools can just inherit these from the domain that the alias is pointing too..

Donovan