[Vmail-discuss] mass mail

Chris Lightfoot chris@ex-parrot.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:03:39 +0000

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 05:01:30PM +0100, Franz Georg K=F6hler wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 09:56:56AM -0600, phiber <phiber@phiber.linuxgo=
d.net> wrote:
> > what would be the best way to send all users of all virtual host a ma=
il?=20
>=20
> A mailing list manager: http://www.list.org/ .

Heh. But I wouldn't use mailman if you can avoid it.

If it's a one-off, I'd use a perl or shell script to grab
all of the addresses out of the database, and send a mail
to them. For a more detailed solution... well, you can use
an MLM, but you'll need to figure out how to keep the two
databases in sync.

--=20
``Why can't the computer understand what I mean?
  Forgive me for saying so, but they are worse than graduate students.''
  (Vijay Pandharipande)