[Vmail-discuss] IMAP and vmail-sql

Chris Lightfoot chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:57:56 +0000

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 04:16:40PM -0400, James Atkinson wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew an IMAP server that could be used with
> vmail-sql? Our server administrator has setup vmail-sql to handle all our
> mail needs for our hosting server, but a situation has come up where we need
> an IMAP server ASAP and our admin is out of town.
>
> So any help would be great, thanks

I'm not aware of any. I have a long-term TODO list item to
write an IMAP server (in my opinion all of the existing
ones suck...).

I believe that the Courier IMAP server is popular and has
some MySQL interoperability features.

--
 ``... that night when, according to legend, an RCA Marketing Manager
   received a phone call from a disturbed customer. His 301 [typesetter]