[Vmail-discuss] exim + vmail config

Manuel Giorgini giorgini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:38:33 +0100

[2001-12-11 22:17:58] Ian Wormsbecker,

IW> If inside my exim.conf file I changed qualify_domain = virtdomain1.com
IW> then all works fine. But this only enables me to receive mail for one
IW> domain name.

You should have a qualify_domain, that's ok.

IW> Am I missing a setting in my exim.conf file to receive for more than one
IW> domain? I have quadruple checked to ensure I have all the exim.conf
IW> settings exactly the same as in the README. I also noticed the README
IW> with vmail-sql-0.5 is different than the README on the web, so I tried
IW> the settings on the web as well to no avail.

When I first installed vmail-sql over exim I wasn't aware of any
mailing list and I had to help myself with the web :-)

the setting you are looking for seems to be

local_domains = mysql;select domain_name from domain where domain_name='$key'

Hope it works for you as it's working for me (more than a year's
uptime, 600megs of mail every month, 21 virtual domains), that is,
magnificently. :-)

Cordialità / Best regards / Gxis la
Manuel Giorgini <giorgini@interlogica.net>, Programmatore
INTERLOGICA e-business solutions -  http://www.interlogica.net
IBM and Lotus Business Partner - GTA Silver Partner
Via De Amicis, 2 - IT 30172 Mestre (VE) - ITALIA
Tel +39 041 961392 - Fax +39 041 954201