[tpop3d-discuss]bad file descriptor from select in tpop3d

Daniel Tiefnig tpop3d at inode.at
Wed, 31 May 2006 16:06:07 +0200

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> Under heavy load I'm getting Bad file descriptor from select.  Any
> ideas why it's bad here?

>From the values of the descriptors ("1024 1025 1026 1027 ..." in the
select call) I'd guess your "open files" limit is set to 1024, and
you're just running out of file descriptors. Try increasing the max.
number of open files for tpop3d.
In bash, that would be (e.g.): ulimit -n 4096
And after that (within the same or a child-shell) start tpop3d.

> The worse thing is that it doesn't recover from such problem.

Hmmm, it should when load decreases, I think...

lg,
daniel