[tpop3d-discuss]Is this list still alive?

Daniel Tiefnig tpop3d at inode.at
Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:02:38 +0100

Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 11:47:33AM +0100, Martin Blapp wrote:
>> I still have tons of patches ;-) Are some of the usable Chris ?
>
> Almost certainly, but I haven't looked in a little while.

Well, FWIW, I did have a look at the qpopper UIDL patch, and sadfully it
doesn't fit well into what has been implemented for tpop3d and
qmail-pop3d UIDLs.
Martin, would you mind to have a look at the current do_uidl() in
pop3.c, and see how your patch could fit into the scheme? AFAICS from
the patch, qpopper stores its unique-ids in the header of the mail? If
so, maybe you should do that too.
I don't really like the idea of mixing tpop3d UIDLs with qpopper ones,
allthough it may work for migration under some circumstances. (I.e. if
(and only if) the time that mails may stay on the server is limited.)
But generally we should stay with one style, so people can switch back
to wherever they came from if they like to. Maybe migration could be
optional?

Thoughts welcome.

lg,
daniel