[tpop3d-discuss]Re: bad file descriptor from select in tpop3d

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 00:08:52 +0200

On Saturday 03 June 2006 23:28, Martin Blapp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > With cvs version of libevent it seems that cpu usage is smaller - I'll
> > verify that on monday when I'll have bigger pop3 usage than now, in
> > weekend.
>
> How many connections per second (cps) do you get per second ? On a busy d=
ay
> we get 50-100 cps. Currently I count 10 cps (11:30 PM here)

~20/s average from 1 hour, 11-12 AM, from 1/s up to 80/s (counted by ,,bega=
n=20
session'' from logs). Have you counted the same way btw?

I have now (close to final) version of the patch:
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SOURCES/tpop3d-libevent.patch?rev=
=3D1.3
no timer event (we reschedule events after processing I/O which fills buffe=
rs=20
etc).=20

The thing left is to cleanup the patch - for example I don't know what=20
connection freezing was for (?) - it doesn't some to be needed now.

Please test it.

> Martin

=2D-=20
Arkadiusz Mi=B6kiewicz        PLD/Linux Team