[tpop3d-discuss]Re: bad file descriptor from select in tpop3d

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 18:37:14 +0200

On Friday 02 June 2006 23:29, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Thursday 01 June 2006 20:27, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> > > I've started working on this. I already have working tpop3d which uses
> > > libevent.
> >
> >     [...]
> >
> > excellent. I'm happy to incorporate (preferably as a
> > compile-time option, if that's feasible -- I'd prefer not
> > to require libevent).
>
> Version replacing current tpop3d code with libevent one:
> http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SOURCES/tpop3d-libevent.patch?rev=
=3D1
>.1

And other version:
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SOURCES/tpop3d-libevent.patch?rev=
=3D1.2
more similar to the way currently tpop3d works.

It doesn't watch for EV_WRITE events on accepted sockets until it's needed=
=20
(the check happens in an event called every second).

Unfortunately I don't like fire-event-every-second solution.

Maybe it would be simpler to just use poll ;)
=2D-=20
Arkadiusz Mi=B6kiewicz        PLD/Linux Team