[tpop3d-discuss]Re: bad file descriptor from select in tpop3d

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 23:29:40 +0200

On Thursday 01 June 2006 20:27, Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> > I've started working on this. I already have working tpop3d which uses
> > libevent.
>
>     [...]
>
> excellent. I'm happy to incorporate (preferably as a
> compile-time option, if that's feasible -- I'd prefer not
> to require libevent).

Version replacing current tpop3d code with libevent one:
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SOURCES/tpop3d-libevent.patch?rev=
=3D1.1

Making it compile time option is possible but will make code uglier unless=
=20
some abstraction is implemented.

It needs testing, testing and more testing since it's the first time I play=
ed=20
with (not well documented) libevent. Works for me anyway. Note that in teor=
y=20
it should work with unlimited number of connections at once but CPU usage=20
seems much higher than select() based code. There is possibility that I mad=
e=20
some bugs in the event using code :-(
=2D-=20
Arkadiusz Mi=B6kiewicz        PLD/Linux Team