RES: [tpop3d-discuss]owing to high load - tpop3d

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 00:06:28 +0000

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 10:00:13PM -0300, ana.weidlich@procempa.com.br wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> The command "pgrep tpop3d | wc -l" returns between 10 and 20.
> But the command "netstat -an|grep 110 |wc" returns     509    3054   40720
> We think that values are so high. But we dont see a direct relation with the
> max-children.
> We have about 14.000 mailboxes.

hmm... So that suggests that you have ~100 users connected
and authenticated, and about 400 in the authentication
phase. Try bumping up the 2* to 10* in netloop.c as
described, and see what happens.

--
``After all, what is your hosts' purpose in having a party? Surely not for
  you to enjoy yourself; if that were their sole purpose, they'd have simply