[tpop3d-discuss]Database connection

ohp@pyrenet.fr ohp at pyrenet.fr
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:46:43 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,

I'm new to the list and to tpop3d that I discovered a few weeks ago and is
now in exploitation as the last stone that kept me from using virtual
accounts.

It works like a charm (I'm using the latest stable version) However I have
this little problem with connection to the database:

I use postgresql. Now at boot time, postgresql might not be ready to
accept connection still being replaying his logs and during exploitation,
postgresql can be restarted.

In both case, tpop3d stops making use of this auth method ans does'nt
query database any more until restarted.

Would  it be hard to add kindda ping to see if connection is alive et
reconnect to it in case not?

I already added a loop trying 10 times to connect and sleep 30s between
each. Works at boot time but not if postgresql restarts.

Where should I look to add such a beast?

I'm quite sure this is the case with mysql/ldap too.

In the meantime, keep on the good job, this is a great product.

Best regards,

--
Olivier PRENANT        	        Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)