[tpop3d-discuss]performance/max connection

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:57:04 +0300

* Wiktor Zgodzi=C5=84ski <viki@isp.telenergo.pl> [20050307 17:22]: wrote:
> Helo,
>=20
> A am using quite old tpop3d version  1.4.2, but works really really
> fine.
> A have over 1200 pop account and there is no problem with it.
>=20
>=20
> Since I add one big customer, performance of my  server goes down.
> There is nothing in logs files. But when i put netstat -nta | grep
> :110 i see may connections to pop3d demon from the same IP addres,
>=20
> It seams that some users set theirs pop3 client to chceck mailboxes
> very very often.
>=20
> The problem is that load of servers goes up and up until I killall
> tpop3d process, then every thing works fine.
>=20
>=20
> Is there any posibility to set some limitation to allow users check
> theirs account only once per 5 minutes. Some of the already set theirs pop
> client to do it evry 1 minutes, so this cost much to my server I
> think.

I have so so many clients accessing tpop3d-1.5.3. Thousands, on a slow
box but I have no such load problems.
I guess you deliver to mbox. Please consider using Maildir.

        cheers
       - wash=20
--+
Odhiambo Washington            		. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
wash _at_ wananchi _ dot _ com		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121			. (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
--+
"Oh My God! They killed init! You Bastards!" =20
						 --from a /. post