[tpop3d-discuss]Problems with mysql_init

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:09:03 -0400

--nextPart2144699.K6Goj5Xyz7

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 15:49, Grant wrote:
> Hello list,
> I am trying to install TPOP3D on a RHFC2 system with MySQL 4.1.12-1.
> I went through the list archives and found a sed patch (so to speak)
> that replaces something in the configure script to account for the new
> compression features in the newer mysql's however this did not help me
> and I can find nothing else in the archives in reference to this error.
>
> Here is my config.log regarding the mysql_init;
>
> configure:7027: checking for mysql_init
> configure:7077: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -I/usr/include/mysql=20
> -L/usr/lib/mysql conftest.c -lmysqlclient -lpam -ldl -lcrypt  >&5
>
> /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so(my_compress.o)(.text+0xbc): In function=
=20
`my_compress_alloc':
> : undefined reference to `compress'
>
> /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so(my_compress.o)(.text+0x13a): In function=
=20
`my_uncompress':
> : undefined reference to `uncompress'
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> configure:7080: $? =3D 1
>
> configure: failed program was:
> | #line 7032 "configure"
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I think libz is needed as a library in order to get the (un)compress stuff.=
 =20
The following line should be put in configure.in, probably before the "MySQ=
L=20
client libraries" check.  Then run bootstrap and try to build tpop3d again.

AC_CHECK_LIB(z, compress)

I see some recent changes in CVS by dtiefnig.  New developer/maintainer to=
=20
help push a new release out?

Kevin Bonner