[tpop3d-discuss]How to check startup status of tpop3d?

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:57:45 +0000

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:53:28PM +0100, Maurice van der Pot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently I have no way of checking if tpop3d has started up correctly.
> There is at least one case in which tpop3d exits after daemonizing and
> returning success: an invalid IP in the configuration file.
>
> What do I do about this?

test for the existence of the PID file (and perhaps of the
process it indicates), or check that you can connect to a
port on which it should be listening (with netcat or
similar).

I've added the case you mention to the to-do list.

--
``The English people are like the English beer--
  froth on top, dregs at the bottom; the middle, excellent.'' (Voltaire)