[tpop3d-discuss]Corrupted TOP response with PIPELINING and tpop3d 1.5.3

Martin Blapp mb at imp.ch
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 02:03:10 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

>  <- -ERR Command argument should be numeric.
> -> QUIT
> <- +OK Message follows

The error is different if the webmail client does only
send "\n" instead of "\r\n". Instead of an obvious error
I get output with hangs, sometime very fast, but mostly very slow
and finally I run into a timeout that disconnects me from the server:

The server itself tries to tell me that he has sent allrealy all headers.

do_top: client [7]mb@attic.ch(127.0.0.1): sent headers and up to 0 lines of message 1217
ioabs_tcp_post_select: client [7]mb@attic.ch(127.0.0.1): connection closed by peer
connections_post_select: client [7]mb@attic.ch(127.0.0.1): finished session for `mb@attic.ch' with mysql
connections_post_select: client [7]mb@attic.ch(127.0.0.1): disconnected; 12310/45345 bytes read/written

If I use atop (then I do not need to use 100erts of TOP messages each after the
other) this problem doesn happen and all headers are correctly received by the
client.

Martin