[tpop3d-discuss]timap4d?

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:23:47 +0000

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 09:48:17AM +0100, ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Seeing how beautiful tpop3d is, maybe now is the time to start a imap4d
> project.
>
> It could be a copy of tpop3d changing commands from pop3 to imap4 and
> adding a fake home dir for virtual account.
>
> Unfortunatly, I don't know about imap myself to start it.
>
> What do you think?

It's a bit more complex than the description above,
unfortunately. IMAP is a bit of a monster protocol.

An IMAP implementation is definitely something I'd like to
work on, though, and I have a general plan worked out for
it. I certainly don't have time for it right now, though,
unless somebody's paying for the work :-(

In the interim, I've heard dovecot recommended, but never
used it myself.

--
``Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack
  and finding the farmer's daughter.'' (Hans Kornberg)