[tpop3d-discuss]authentication failures on Mac OS X 10.3

Roger Baig Viņas roger.baig at gmail.com
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:48:29 +0100

> ok, I'd say the system has PAM, then. Did you have any
> luck compiling tpop3d with PAM support?

Not at all! I'm still working on it (as I said previously I am a newbie).

Here is what I got (after some checkings with ... yes):

$./configure --enable-auth-pam --disable-auth-passwd
checking crypt.h usability... no
checking crypt.h presence... no
checking for crypt.h... no
checking execinfo.h usability... no
checking execinfo.h presence... no
checking for execinfo.h... no
checking security/pam_appl.h usability... no
checking security/pam_appl.h presence... no
checking for security/pam_appl.h... no
checking ldap.h usability... yes
checking ldap.h presence... yes
checking for ldap.h... yes
checking mysql.h usability... no
checking mysql.h presence... no
checking for mysql.h... no
checking tcpd.h usability... yes
checking tcpd.h presence... yes
checking for tcpd.h... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking libpq-fe.h usability... no
checking libpq-fe.h presence... no
checking for libpq-fe.h... no
configure: error: PAM authentication enabled, but can't find
security/pam_appl.h

So there are a lot of missinig libraries.  At the moment I am
googleing to try to fix them.

Here is the /etc/pam.d/pop file I created. Could you check if it is rigth?:
$cat /etc/pam.d/pop
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

--
roger