[tpop3d-discuss]tpop and ldap tls problem

Daniel Tiefnig daniel.tiefnig at inode.info
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:10:22 +0100

Adam wrote:
> auth_ldap_init: using DN ou=People,o=company,c=pl on xxxxxxxx:636
[...]
> Dec 14 12:37:50 yyyyy tpop3d[25388]: auth_ldap_connect:
> ldap_start_tls_s: Can't contact LDAP server

Hmm, which LDAP server are you running? And which version? I.e., does it
support LDAPv3? AFAIK
Do you have OpenLDAP's "ldapsearch" installed on x or y? Does it work if
you specify "-P 3" to force LDAP protocol version 3?

There might also be another problem, as far as I see, tpop3d uses Start
TLS to encrypt the connection, (so my hint with port number 636 may have
been misleading, as this is the standard port for LDAPs, which does SSL
on connect, I think.) does the server support this extension? (It does,
if ldapsearch with "-ZZ" succedes...)

lg,
daniel