[tpop3d-discuss]Mail Forwarder Wildcards

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:39:33 +0100

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 03:27:42PM -0400, Bob Wyman wrote:
> Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I could not find anything
> when searching the archive. How can I implement wildcards such that all
> mail to a certain domain goes to a single user account without having
> to create an individual forwarder rule for each address. I have tried
> to use a wildcard in the VE-forwarder script to no avail. Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Example
> A client of ours wants  *@domain.com to go to user joeschmo. They will
> then grab the mail from the joeschmo account and parse it for delivery
> locally on their own box. This server will be a backup for them if
> their primary mail server goes down.

You should be able to create the __default__ forwarder for
this purpose. But using wildcard-delivery POP-boxes in
this way can be problematic (because of the difficulty of
unpicking the envelope addresses from the headers of the
received mails).

--
``Then, arching your back and stretching upwards, bring your heads together in
  a Mutual Trumpeting Display so everyone will realize what an adorable couple