[tpop3d-discuss]tpop unable to handle load

holmier@inomail.pl holmier at inomail.pl
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:01:39 +0200

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 23:13:23 +0100
"Darren Casey" <exim@darrencasey.co.uk> wrote:

> >> I assume the reasoning here is that users' mail clients
> >> don't let you check an X-Spam-Status: header and you don't
> >> want to stick the SPAM tag in the mails' subject lines?
> >
> >Not exactly. I'm already doing both - adding headers and altering subject
> >fields but I have few users who run via GPRS and don't want to fetch spam
> >etc.
>
> You could always use procmail to redirect spam and then use sql to have 2
> POP box's
> Maybe append spam to the login name
>
> i.e.
> popuser for normal mail
> and
> popuserSPAM for the spam dir
>
> Would probably work easy enough

But it is still a workaround, same as Arkadiusz I would preffer tpop3d to do it instead of calling another third-party progs.

Another issue are bulletins, a long time ago Chris made a perl driver to handle such thing, but in very high loads calling perl to handle bulletins doeas not seems to be a good idea.

Mc.
--
$:Equal bytes for women.