[tpop3d-discuss]tpop unable to handle load

Rich, Whidbey Telecom NOC richs at whidbey.net
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:55:44 -0700

Hi Richard,

We process an average of 400,000 POP3 sessions per day using tpop3d
1.4.2 (a version we found to have no serious issues).

Our tpop3d config specifies max-children at 30, and timeout at 120
seconds. We have 2 load-balanced Dell dual-2.4 Ghz 2650's dedicated to
POP, connected to an NFS storage cluster.

Did you say you only have a single server handling all incoming email,
POP3, and storage?

Rich Sandberg
richs@whidbey.net
Whidbey Telecom Network Operations