[tpop3d-discuss]Version requirements for postgresql

Jeff Davis tpop3d at empires.org
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:51:49 -0700

I have successfully used 7.3 and 7.4. It might actually depend more on
the query you're sending to it (in the config file); after all, a new
client library should be able to connect to an old version. I would say
anything < 7.1 might not work, and anything >= 7.1 probably will work.

Just use a new PG client lib, and write very simple SQL statements that
will work in any version. Then you should be OK. The only reason I say <
7.1 might not work is because that's going pretty far back, and even if
it works, you'll probably run into all kinds of strange bugs.

Regards,
	Jeff Davis

--
Jeff Davis <tpop3d@empires.org>