[tpop3d-discuss]auth-flatfile problem (possible bug)

Stuart Gall stuart at otenet.gr
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:41:14 +0300

On 16 Oct 2004, at 17:23, Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 05:21:23PM +0300, Stuart Gall wrote:
>> 2. Is there a way to do password type authentication without using
>> /etc/shadow and without having to include the domain in the user
>> logon.
>
> switch on `append-domain'.

Thank you very much for such a prompt reply, now at least the interface
to the users is standard.
and most importantly I got to go home :-)

I still feel this is a bit of a hack and that auth-flatfile should work
without domain specific addressing
Any idea where about in the code the auth flatfile bit is done ? I
might take a look.

Interestingly this did not work with listen 0.0.0.0 I had to use listen
ipaddress.
The box only has one NIC so I dont mind.

> --
> Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
> (from `Dr. Strangelove')

Stuart Gall
Systems Administrator
No user serviceable parts inside?  Ill be the judge of that!