[tpop3d-discuss]For the FAQ? TLS and RHEL compilation problem.

Dave Baker dave at dsb3.com
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:32:14 -0500

Perhaps something for the FAQ?

I just tried compiling tpop3d (1.5.3) on a fresh RHEL3 server.  It would
compile without TLS but would not compile with it, claiming openssl/ssl.h
was not found and was not usable even though it was clearly present in
/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h.

The real fix may be somewhat more involved than I want to get into, but my
workaround - having discovered the problem was a kerberos library issue
since kssl.h was being pulled in automatically - was to just make dubious
use of the openssl-root arg to allow the configure scripts to succeed:

FAILS: ./configure --enable-tls
WORKS: ./configure --enable-tls --with-openssl-root=/usr/kerberos

I had a quick check of the mailing list archives and didn't see mention of
this - perhaps I'm the first to run into it?  If not, were you able to
solve it more satisfactorily?

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 3)

Dave

--

-    Dave Baker      :      dave@dsb3.com      :      http://dsb3.com/    -
GnuPG:  1024D/D7BCA55D / 09CD D148 57DE 711E 6708  B772 0DD4 51D5 D7BC A55D