[tpop3d-discuss]problem with ioabs_tcp_post_select

Matthew Trent mtrent at localaccess.com
Fri, 28 May 2004 14:18:16 -0700

On Friday 28 May 2004 11:22 am, Richard Stockton wrote:
> Hi Dragos,
>
> At 11:58 PM 5/27/04, you wrote:
> >Microsoft Outlook is the problem. Use this patch:
> >http://ftp.idilis.ro/linux/idilis/tpop3d-1.5.3-outlook.patch
>
> Hmmm, it affects more than just Outlook here.
>
> >Look at the mail list archive for more details.
>
> I read it every day, but since this problem also affected
> webmail (openwebmail), I didn't think the patch would work.
> My bad, the patch worked great.
>
> Again, thanks for responding.
>   - Richard

I will chime in that I got duplicates very occasionally with non-Outlook
clients such as Kmail. Some people had no trouble with Outlook, some people
had many duplicates every day. I think network latency had something to do
with the fact that Outlook always worked fine for some people and always gave
duplicates to others. The patch seems to have fixed it though.

Perhaps this should be merged into CVS?
--
Matt
Systems Administrator