[tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d pauses during high I/O or CPU access

Daniel Lilienberg daniel.lilienberg at ports.se
Mon, 24 May 2004 11:05:22 +0200

Hi!

I have this problem with tpop3d (1.5.3).  When I do a backup under the =
night (tar with gzip), this takes approx. 15 minutes.  During this time, =
tpop3d on port 110 wont answer.   As soon as the backup is done, it =
works again.

Same issue when running gcc... or any intensive CPU / I/O program.  The =
hardware is a compaq server Pentium 4 / 2.4 Xeon, 512MB/74GB SCSI in =
raid.

Note:  I also run sendmail on this machine, and it works properly as if =
no other program is running on the machine!

//Daniel