[tpop3d-discuss]Outlook Clients - Mail not removed

Matthew Trent mtrent at localaccess.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:28:44 -0800

On Thursday 25 March 2004 12:54 pm, you wrote:
> On Thursday 25 March 2004 11:15 am, Jarek Woloszyn wrote:
> > > So I decided to try the hack mentioned a while ago for netloop.c:
> > > -        if (r && !connection_isfrozen(c)) {
> > > +        if (1) {
> > > -            while (c->cstate == running && (p =
> > > connection_parsecommand(c))) {
> > > +            while ((p = connection_parsecommand(c))) {
> >
> > I use this patch for 1.5 month and have no problems. I didn't find the
> > log messages, you wrote. Do you use verbose logging to get them?
>
> Yeah, I have verbose on. I'm sure a segfault would show regardless,
> though...

Ok, as an update to my trial of the above "hack":

The server will not close the connection, even after the QUIT command. Clients
that forcibly close the connection seem to still work ok, and the server
generates a segfault for that thread. Clients that don't close the connection
(Opera) hang. Since Opera and presumably other clients wouldn't work, I had
to reverse the hack, so no word on whether it actually fixes the MS client
brokenness.
--
Matt
Systems Administrator