[tpop3d-discuss]Microsoft SBS 2000 pop3 connector

Dave Mullender dave.mullender at altohiway.com
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:35:48 -0000

Hi,

We recently moved from tpop3d Version 1.4.2 on a redhat box using
standard password auth to a new redhat server with 1.5.2 on redhat
using mysql authentication.  The server has some 30k mailboxes and
generally all seems good except Microsoft SBS 2000 servers using the
pop3 mail retrieval add-on bit.

With users using SBS we see them connect fine, download the email and
then delete and quit but the SBS connector at the other end then
crashes with a 'error processing the DELE command Error 58' message
at their end.

I haven't upgraded to 1.5.3 purely because the changelog doesn't
really show anything worth doing and I don't want to start changing
things by guessing.

Here's a copy of the tpop3d -v output which all looks normal to me

tpop3d[9061]: connection_parsecommand: client [13]dale.p-
squared(IPADDY): received `STAT'
tpop3d[9061]: connection_sendresponse: client [13]dale.p-
squared(IPADDY): sent `+OK 1 2252'
tpop3d[9061]: connection_parsecommand: client [13]dale.p-
squared(IPADDY): received `RETR 1'
tpop3d[9061]: do_retr: client [13]dale.p-squared(IPADDY): sending
message 1 (2252 bytes)
tpop3d[9061]: connection_sendresponse: client [13]dale.p-
squared(IPADDY): sent `+OK Message follows'
tpop3d[9061]: do_retr: client [13]dale.p-squared(IPADDY): sent
message 1
tpop3d[9061]: connection_parsecommand: client [13]dale.p-
squared(IPADDY): received `DELE 1'
tpop3d[9061]: connection_sendresponse: client [13]dale.p-
squared(IPADDY): sent `+OK Done.'
tpop3d[9061]: connection_parsecommand: client [13]dale.p-
squared(IPADDY): received `QUIT'
tpop3d[9061]: connection_sendresponse: client [13]dale.p-
squared(IPADDY): sent `+OK Done'
tpop3d[9061]: connections_post_select: client [13]dale.p-
squared(IPADDY): finished session for `dale.p-squared' with mysql

Anyone seen anything like this?  I've googled and micro$ofted with no
joys

Cheers

Dave
---
altoHiway - excellence in business internet solutions

Dave Mullender
Support: +44 (0)1635 573350
Support Fax: +44(0)1635 573355
Email: support@altohiway.com

Technical information can be obtained from our website on
http://www.altohiway.com/go/support Should you have any comments on
our
service please direct these to comments@altohiway.com

The content of this email and any attachments is confidential,and is intended only for the addressees.
If you are not the intended recipient you may not use, distribute, disclose or copy the contents.
If you have been sent this email in error please forward it to notify@altohiway.com and destroy the original.
Any opinions expressed within this email are those of the sender and do not necessarily represent the opinion of altoHiway Ltd.
Any prices quoted in this email and any attachments are subject to VAT, valid for 30 days and subject to altohiways standard Terms and Conditions of business.
E and OE.
This email has been checked for virus content by the altoHiway Mailcontroller service. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the contents of this email are virus free.
altoHiway Ltd. accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from the contents of this email.