[tpop3d-discuss]MySQL and dots before the @ sign

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:58:01 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Robert,

> we are running tpop3-server on fedora core 1. All works more or less fine.
> Unfortunately it isn't possible to create usernames with dots in it.
>
> t.p@xyz.com doesn't work. Never the less I can send mails to this user and
> the mail will be stored into the mailbox. Mailboxes without a dot in the
> local_part works fine.

What do you mean by "doesn't" work? Before you say you cannot even create
them.
Without further information it's hard to help you.

Version of tpop3d?
tpop3d.conf?
entry in the database? (select * from popbox where domain_name="dom.ain"
and local_part="user.with.dots")
Where do you encounter the error? What is the exact message/behaviour?

Guessing isn't much fun in such things...