[tpop3d-discuss] Looking for resources

Chris Travers chris at travelamericas.com
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:12:29 +0700

Hi all;

I am in the process of building a large open source (GPL'd) CRM suite called
HERMES.  THe project web page is at http://hermesweb.sourceforge.net.  I am
looking at tpop3d to eventually provide a pop3 interface for the messaging
and email subsystem.  The messages will be stored in the PostgreSQL
database.  Consequently, I am looking for a way to:
1:  Authenticate against the PostgreSQL database
2:  Retrieve messages from a table (or more likely view) in the database

I understand that this will require writing an auth module, as well as a
mailbox driver.  I am thinking of starting with the auth_mysql driver and
modifying it to work with libpq instead of libmysql.

However, I noticed another thing:  Notably that there are defined
configuration parameters for AUTH_PGSQL aready defined in cfgdirectives.c.
Rather than reinventing the wheel yet, I figured I would ask:  Has anyone
created such an authentication module?  If so, what is the status of it?

Secondly, I wanted to ask:  what sort of features would the community like
to see in this work?  If I am able to make these things work together, I
would be more than happy not only to bundle tpop3d with my application but
also contribute these drivers back so that others could use them as well.
What would people like to see?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers