[tpop3d-discuss] long login delay

Ian Armstrong  ika at expressmail.dk
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:18:14 +0100 (CET)

On 07-Jan-2004, Chris Lightfoot <chris@ex-parrot.com> wrote:

|> Jan  6 12:38:34 server tpop3d[5940]: connections_post_select: client
[6]ika@expressmail.dk(127.0.0.1): disconnected; 73/4871 bytes
read/written

|This whole session lasts somewhere between one and two
|seconds, from the time the client connects to the time
|that the client logs out, having completed the session.
|Is the long delay something you're observing in your web
|mail front end?

Yes, my WebMail is slow, but I noticed that it speeded up after I deleted
a few mails that had large attachments.

I could have made some mistake with the setup of tpop3d. Here is my config
file: Perhaps you can see some error or omission here.

./configure     --sysconfdir=/etc/tpop3d \
                --enable-auth-mysql \
                --with-mysql-lib-dir=/usr/lib/mysql/ \
                --with-mysql-include-dir=/usr/include/mysql/ \
                --enable-mbox-maildir \
                --disable-auth-pam

I should also mention that I am still using Courier-imap as my IMAP
server, although the plan is to use only POP3 in the future.

Thanks,

Ian.

Ian Armstrong
ika@expressmail.dk