[tpop3d-discuss]Tpop3d w/ssl crashes after Portscan

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:26:56 +0000

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 04:25:36PM +0100, Martin Schmitt wrote:
> Hallo Chris Lightfoot,
> dear Chris Lightfoot,
>
> * chris@madingley.org wrote/schrieb:
>
> > Sadly no -- it's the right sequence of steps, but in this
> > case the debugger has just captured the stack in the
> > context of the signal handler, rather than whatever caused
> > the crash :(
>
> Is there anything else I can do with gdb? Like start tpop3d unter gdb and
> let it crash that way?

yeah, that might be helpful. If tpop3d is already running,
do

    gdb /path/to/tpop3d PID

where PID is the PID of the tpop3d daemon process. Then at
the (gdb) prompt type `cont', and cause the daemon to
crash. Then do the bt thing as before.

--
``I went into the Army for two years, and America's free today,
  so I think I did a good job.'' (Tom Lehrer, on conscription)