Re[2]: [tpop3d-discuss]NTLM (Outlook's SPA) support

Tomer H. Tomer H." <tomer.exim at metnix.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 04:45:24 +0200

Hello Chris,

  Exim implements it for SMTP Auth:
  http://exim.metnix.com/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_36.html#CHAP36

  And to quote:
  The spa authenticator provides client support for
  Microsoft's Secure Password Authentication mechanism,
  which is also sometimes known as NTLM (NT LanMan).
  The code for client side of this authenticator was
  contributed by Marc Prud'hommeaux, and much of it
  is taken from the Samba project (http://www.samba.org).
  The code for the server side was subsequently
  contributed by Tom Kistner.

  Quick googling:
  http://josefsson.org/libntlm/
  http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html
  http://de.samba.org/samba/ftp/docs/htmldocs/ENCRYPTION.html

  I really hope we could see some NTLM support, due to the fact
  Outlook does not support nothing but it's own bubble world.

  Thanks, Tomer.

   Tomer H.    tomer@metnix.com
       IT Solutions Provider
www.metnix.com     info@metnix.com