[tpop3d-discuss]Outlook Clients - Mail not removed

Matthew Trent mtrent at localaccess.com
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:45:10 -0800

On Monday 09 February 2004 09:00 am, Joseph wrote:
> Has there been any resolution the email not being deleted by Outlook
> clients?
>
> Thanks.

Well, thus far there hasn't been, but I think the issue has finally been
tracked down to Outlook protocol strangeness (and tpop3d intolerance
thereof). There is a comment in netloop.c now that seems to indicate a
solution/work-around is forthcoming:

        /* At this stage, the connection may be closed or closing. But we
         * should try to interpret commands anyway, in case the client sends
         * QUIT and immediately closes the connection.
         * XXX That's not actually what we do. This creates a race condition
         * with badly-behaved clients like Microsoft Outlook (cf. email of
         * 20040203). We might want to consider an option to process remaining
         * commands even if the connection is actually closed. */

--
Matt
Systems Administrator