[tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d doesn't delete mails [ms outlook 2002]

Matthew Trent mtrent at localaccess.com
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:04:00 -0800

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 01:43 am, Jarek Woloszyn wrote:
> No, I didn't, because it's not a solution for me. I cannot say to our
> customers, that they cannot use vanilla outlook on our server, while
> they can use it on other servers.

Well if there is a bug in Outlook that's fixed by simply installing a service
pack, that's easy enough. Customers can accept that, I think, and will just
be happy when it's working. However, if a fix for Outlook isn't available or
doesn't work, there should be at least a configuration option in tpop3d to
work-around buggy MS clients. There are too many out there and they
can't/won't all switch to real mail clients...
--
Matt
Systems Administrator