[tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d doesn't delete mails [ms outlook 2002]

Jarek Woloszyn yossa at akra.net
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:50:24 +0100

> > > sorry, my above email is wrong. you also need to remove
> > > the test for c->cstate == running. I really think this is
> > > a bad idea, though.
> >
> > -        if (r && !connection_isfrozen(c)) {
> > +        if (1) {
> > -            while (c->cstate == running && (p =
> > connection_parsecommand(c))) { +            while ((p =
> > connection_parsecommand(c))) {
> >
> > That helped. My patch is probably very bad, but we know at least, that it's
> > some kind of bug in tpop.
>
> Sounds more like a bug in Outlook and tpop3d triggers it only because it
> actually adheres to the standards.

Does RFC say, that client must wait for the response? Client sends QUIT
and if everything was OK, the server should do its job. It's not a good
behaviour, but it's easier for me to make a small patch to the pop
server, than to convince all the users that they shouldn't use Outlook.

--
Jarek Woloszyn