[tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d doesn't delete mails [ms outlook 2002]

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:29:22 +0000

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 08:20:30PM +0100, Jarek Woloszyn wrote:
> > errm. I don't know what you mean here. Are you certain
> > that Outlook is sending a QUIT even in cases where tpop3d
> > does not receive one?
>
> Yes. I've checked it with sniffer on the windows machine.
> Outlook always sends quit but sometimes disconnects after
> this command and doesn't recieve response: OK Done.

And in those cases, does tpop3d say that it has received
the QUIT command?

> In this case emails remain on server.

hmm. The results in this case are probably
timing-sensitive. The RFC doesn't explicitly state what
happens if it can't send a response to the client after a
QUIT command, but I think the current behaviour is
reasonable.

--
``I'd like to see anyone-- prophet, king or god--
  who could get a thousand cats to agree on anything.''