[tpop3d-discuss]spam from this list?

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:32:33 +0000

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:27:53AM +0100, Marcin Sochacki wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:18:48AM +0000, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> > One possibility would be to make the list moderated.
> > However, I don't really have the time or inclination to
> > act as a human anti-spam filter. If someone else does,
> > please get in touch. (Note that if your complaint is that
> > you don't want to see any spam, you don't want this job.)
>
> How about restricting the posting privilege to list members only?

That would help a bit, though it wouldn't kill collateral
spam, or spam sent by people using, say, my address as a
return address -- of which there seem to be quite a few
(when I rule the world...). But it looks like lots of
people who want help with tpop3d aren't prepared to
subscribe to the list.

--
``How are you... going to respond when the Clock-Radio of Challenge
  emits the Irritating Buzz of Opportunity?'' (Dave Barry)