[tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d 1.5.3 and TLS

Manuel Giorgini Manuel Giorgini <giorgini at interlogica.net>
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:37:50 +0100

Hello all,

I just entered the magic world of TLS and after having produced a fake
self-signed certificate I (successfully) compiled tpop3d with TLS support.

Suddenly a very basic question came to me, I tried browsing the list
archives but had no clear answer, and here comes my message.

I would like to have two daemons running on my machine: a standard tpop3d
on port 110, which features stls, and a secure tpop3d on port 995, with
"immediate" tls transactions.

It is my conclusion so far that I need two distinct configuration files.

These files would have lots in common, actually everything but the
listen-address directory.

After a quick glance at the man page for tpop3d.conf I see no "include"
capability, i.e. I can't seem to create a common configuration which gets
included in two files.

So now, am I missing something, or am I trying to do something which no
human mind should think about, or is there a better way to do all this?

Thanks for your attention (and merry winter solstice).

Cordialità / Best regards / Gxis la
Manuel Giorgini <giorgini@interlogica.net>, Programmatore
INTERLOGICA e-business solutions -  http://www.interlogica.net
Via Fusinato, 27 - IT 30171 Mestre VE - Italia - Unione Europea
Tel +39 041 099 30 00 (6 linee r.a.) - Fax +39 041 504 11 72