[tpop3d-discuss]Confirmed bug with tpop3d-1.5.3

Darren Casey exim at darrencasey.co.uk
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:14:39 +0100

Hi

> > This bug as been confirmed by testing the same spool file with
> > another POP3 deamon.
>
> which other one?

qpopper

> > WWDC 2004 Session Descriptions Available
> >
> > From basics to best practices, the in-depth technical sessions at
>
> you wonder what happens here?
> The message delimiter in mbox files is "\n\nFrom .*\n", so MDAs usually
> mangle "From" to ">From". I don't know how your other pop3 daemon detects
> new messages, maybe by some additional logic that looks for header lines
> after a "From", but that's wrong (though I'm not a mbox expert). I've only
> checked with popa3d (version 0.5.1 and 0.6.4, which is the current one),
but
> it behaves like tpop regarding this.
> So I tend to say: Fix your MDA.

I agree now but I was thinking it should look for blank lines with
\n
\n

not accept a \n at the end of a line (Which is what is is doing)

I still think it should do this check but also the MDA is wrong as you could
have a genuine e-mail with two blank lines then the word From

Its exim passing to a local sendmail we are using so I will have to check
whats up there

Thanks for the replys (Thanks Chris)

Darren