[tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d and mysql

Sean Stewart Sean Stewart" <sean at digitaltrooper.com
Fri, 02 Apr 2004 02:41:40 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to compile tpop3d with mysql support.

I am running RH8 and downloaded the latest mysql binary:
Linux (x86, libc6) Standard 4.0.18 (15.1M)

Installed in at /usr/local/mysql/

now try compile tpop3d with:
./configure --enable-auth-mysql --with-mysql-lib-dir=/usr/local/mysql/lib/ --with-mysql-include-dir=/usr/local/mysql/include/ --enable-mbox-bsd --enable-fcntl-locking --disable-
dotfile-locking

But, it always comes back with the following error:
checking for flock... yes
checking for fcntl... yes
checking for pam_authenticate... yes
checking for mysql_init... no
configure: error: vmail-sql authentication enabled, but mysql_init doesn't seem to be available.

What's up ? I have compiled another mail server, Popper with mysql support and without any problems so I don't know what the problem is.

Thanks,

Sean