[tpop3d-discuss] Strange? An -ERR after user

Michal Czerwinski holmier at mail.inomail.pl
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:23:21 +0200

Hi,

I have some problems on freebsd.
After telnet...

+OK <fa71a44de1a061a02a84d02273bc0c84@inomail.pl>
user test
-ERR Do you actually know how to use this thing?
user test
+OK Tell me your password.

Trussing the process we can see a couple of
read(0x5,0x8061831,0x7cf)  ERR#35 'Resource temporarily unavailable'

load averages: 0,05 0,07 0,04

132/176/9892 mbuf clusters in use (current/peak/max)
408 Kbytes allocated to network (1% of mb_map in use)

So as we can see system isn't loaded too high.

I've noticed that such -ERR after user i have only from hosts without
rev dns. Doing same thing from systems with properly configured revdns
seems to be ok.

Any ideas? Fixes?

BTW: man 2 intro (freebsd) we can read smth about ERR#35
     35 EAGAIN Resource temporarily unavailable.
	This is a temporary condition and later calls to the same routine may complete normally.

Cheers Mc.
--
die()